Cookie Exchange Ideas: Things to Do with Cookies
What are the best Christmas cookies for gifting ? What to do with leftover cookies? Get some cookie exchange ideas and invite friends to join in the fun!
Who is the cookie monster in your life? Do you know someone who leaves crumbs behind when the last cookie has been eaten? Cookies make people happy, so it’s always a good idea to have some on hand.
While we all have our favorite cookies, there are so many more to be discovered. From the simple to the sublime, there are myriad flavors and types of cookies to try. That’s why cookie exchanges have become so popular. At one event, you can sample more than a dozen types of cookies you’ve never tried before. Even people who don’t bake can participate with a wide variety of gourmet cookies that others may not know about.
Exchanging Christmas cookies during the holidays is very popular. However, there’s no rule that says you can’t consider other times of year to get friends together to enjoy each other’s best cookies. Wouldn’t it be fun to kick off summer break with crunchy cookies for the cookie jar and then again to prep for Back-to-School?
A cookie swap to find the best cookies can take many forms. Use your imagination to create a memorable event.
Cookie Exchange Ideas
- Send out invitations 4 weeks in advance. And send follow up reminders often until you reach the desired number of attendees.
- Encourage variety. Ask for recipes or types of cookies that will be exchanged.
- Each person should bring a minimum of three dozen cookies.
- Offer prizes for the best cookies. Set up a ballot box to collect votes.
After the party, each person will be able to bring home a variety of gourmet treats to enjoy. So what do you do with leftover cookies? For starters, cookies can be frozen if you collect too many to eat before they get stale…but here are some thought starters to help you enjoy your new cookie collection:
Ten Things to Do with Cookies
- Dunk them in milk, tea or coffee.
- Make a cookie ice cream sandwich.
- Share them.
- Surprise someone with a gift of cookies.
- Pack a couple cookies in someone’s lunch.
- Crumble them in your favorite ice cream.
- Crush them up and add them into the crumble on top of a hot fruit crisp.
- Send gourmet cookies in the mail as a gift.
- Make a no-bake cookie pie crust.
- Try new types of cookies every year.
Master Bakers at The Swiss Colony dream up delicious flavors each season, so there’s always an opportunity to expand your cookie repertoire with a wide variety of cookie delights. And don’t forget to store your holiday cookies in a festive and fabulous cookie jar!
“C is for cookie – that’s good enough for me!” —Cookie Monster